Friday, October 5, 2012

European Adventure Day 5

Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I'm happy that it is over and today was much better. I decided I should give Paris another chance before I say I don't like it here.

This morning we got an early start with a 1 hour taxi ride to the embassy to get my sister's passport replaced after a pick pocket took her wallet yesterday. The driver was a very friendly young man and we chatted about various things during the drive. I asked if drivers here ever get angry because at home there would have been horns blowing and hand gestures flying around in the traffic I witnessed. He said that was a rare thing. I told him about "road rage" and he thought the phrase was very funny. The traffic in Paris is very heavy for nearly 3 hours beginning at 6:20 every morning. It was 4 lanes, bumper to bumper with motorcycles driving between the cars in the two left hand lanes and scooters are permitted to drive any where.

Everyone at the embassy was very nice and so helpful. We were there less than an hour, left with her new passport in hand and caught up with the tour group just in time to go to Versailles.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no that is scary - so glad your sister got a new passport. I didnt know you could get a replacement that fast!

    ReplyDelete