Wednesday, October 3, 2012

European Adventure Day 3

The weather in London has been perfect for our adventure. Sunny skies and temps in the low 60s. We began the day with a short trip on the Tube, London's subway. We were met by our awesome tour guide, Keith. He educated & entertained us this morning as we visited St. Paul's Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, St. John's, Westminster Abbey & Buckingham Palace.

Following our tour / history lesson, Kith took us to Piccadilly Circus where he turned us loose on London for about 2 hours.

The other group landed in London about 1:30, I think. Miriam our tour leader and Cheryl went to meet them while the rest of us toured the Tower of London where we saw the Crown Jewels. I wish I could have taken photos there, but you know that isn't permitted.

Dinner tonight was near the Tower of London at a place called Wagamama. Noodle Bar. The food was delicious.

Following dinner we split into 3 groups, the first was the people who missed the sights of London, so Miriam took them around the city. There was a group who wanted to do a Jack the Ripper walking tour and I had considered doing that. Instead I was asked to go with a small group who wanted to go see Harrod's Department Store. Five floors and the basement full of beautiful things! I was invited to go with this group so I could navigate the Tube. I was a little nervous being in charge, but we made the trip there and back to the hotel without a problem, except the last train terminated just two stops before our destination. We got on the next train in less than a minute.

And now we're safe in our hotel where we must prepare to leave in the morning at 6:00. So while you gentle folk at home in Kentucky are fast asleep at midnight, we will be rising to begin our 4th day of adventure, traveling to Paris via the EuroStar Train. I'm looking forward to it.

I think if I came back to London soon, I could be a decent guide with a map and the Tube. I would be happy to return and stay longer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. This is a trip of a life time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete