Thursday, October 4, 2012

European Adventure Day 4

Traveled to Paris via the Eurostar train, we dropped the luggage at the hotel then took the Metro subway to Montmartre to visit Sacre-Coure, which was so very beautiful. I was very uncomfortable having to be suspicious that everyone passing was there to Pick my pocket. I did not like people coming up to me to distract me. One guy reached out and grabbed my arm wanting to make a friendship bracelet. There wasn't just one or two of these guys, they were everywhere I turned.

My first impression of Paris is not a good one. Everything I saw today was filthy, some people are very rude and I was very uncomfortable all afternoon. Many of my friends have told me how much they love Paris. Maybe I was expecting too much, but today Paris was a huge disappointment for me.

Oh, do you want to know one more thing? We took a river cruise after dinner and the top section of the boat filled up right away. They had said no one could stand in the aisle so we went to the lower deck to choose our seats near a large clean window for a nice view. The next thing we hear was loud voices of many children. There was apparently a school field trip for the world's loudest, rudest intermediate age kids. Twice a lady, perhaps a teacher, said "sh-sh-sh" to them, which was totally ignored. They did get in their seats and stayed there, but the loud voices didn't quiet. The guide on the boat told them twice to be silent and for one moment they were.

I really don't want to ride on the Metro, the filthiest place I've ever seen, again and would be ready to go home in the morning if that option were offered.

1 comment:

  1. Really? I would have thought Paris would be lovely. Sorry about that. Can you find a tour guide to show you the romantic side? :)

    ReplyDelete