Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Summer Adventure 2018 Day 64

Another day of exploration led us to Clements Lake, a beautiful place where we met a couple that was camping there. They were from Wyoming and we visited with them for a short time. The pictures there were beautiful and then we went to get pictures of the waterfalls, walked the boardwalk at the tidal flats and ate lunch at King Edward Inn in Stewart.  Then one last check on the salmon out at the Wildlife Viewing area. Still no salmon or bears. We talked for quite awhile with the ranger and learned a grizzly had come to the stream the night before about 8:30. I guess he was disappointed, too. The ranger showed me pictures on his camera he has taken and I was a bit green with envy. I would like to hangout with him to learn more. Of course he had the bigger telephoto lens, we looked at before this trip. It was heavier and I was worried I wouldn't be able to carry it around very well. I did get his email, he said he would be happy to send me some pictures when the bears arrive.





We returned to the rv park and while I was downloading the pictures I had taken, our adventurer, Bill, went out. I thought to wash his car before putting the travel cover on it. But I was wrong! He had gone to find the helicopter tour. He returned with all the information and invited us to go with them to fly over the icefield. Ray said, "no thanks" , but I jumped up and went. It was a great tour, Pam asked right away when we arrived at the office if we would land. They don't usually land on the tour, but if the pilot could find a suitable spot, perhaps we could.


Pam and Bill let me sit in the front to be able to take pictures and I brought Ray's video camera as well. Our pilot found the perfect place to land the helicopter and we spent several minutes on the mountain top taking pictures. We flew over the icefield which was massive and so beautiful. On the other side of the mountain we flew into a canyon to see a couple of awesome waterfalls. During the flight we also saw two mining camps and some mountain goats. Thanks to Stephanie, our pilot, we had a fabulous time.






No comments:

Post a Comment