Friday, August 18, 2017

Rough Start

We had a rough start this morning as we prepared to embark on another short adventure. I could make  this part short and sweet, but I won't.  Ray is outide the coach watching to be sure the two slides retract without a problem. The bedroom slides in just as it always does and we move to the full wall slide. I unlock the safety lock and hear Ray say he is ready. I engage the ROOM RETRACT switch, but wait, the slide stops moving. Immediately I switch to ROOM EXTEND, that works and I can hear Ray asking what I'm doing and I answer that the slide stopped. He gave me the go ahead again. I engage that same switch. I hear POP! Again I change the direction of the slide.  I go over and hang out the driver's window to see what's going on out there. The door to the utility cabinet was left open and caught in the slide. Now one hinge is popped off and the bottom rim of the door is rolled over. Yikes! All that equals delaying our departure four hours in order to make the necessary repairs.

The four hour delay brought us to lunch time, so naturally we had to have nourishment before setting out on this adventure to Iowa and Wisconsin. We drove just over the halfway point to where we'll meet Terry & Vicki, who are joining us for this adventure..  I hope they packed  plenty of patience. We've stopped for the night at Tin Cup RV Park. I called them at the perfect moment and got their last available site. Check in on us again to see what we get into next.

No comments:

Post a Comment