Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Busy Week

Ray's back is getting better. He feels more like getting out and doing things. We went to Fort Myers for the Sand Sculpting exhibit last week. It was fun to watch the artists at work.

I celebrated my birthday, Vicki and Terry treated us to dinner. They even got a Red Velvet cake and ice cream. I had lots of phone calls and text messages to wish me a happy birthday, too.

Vicki and I learned and practiced line dances at the club house every morning and had three other ladies join us one morning. We made turkey favors to take to our Thanksgiving dinner at Dee & WD's in Sarasota.

We met new friends at Thanksgiving, ate the most delicious food, every bite, and taught a couple of the line dances we learned  to Dee, Judy, Nikki and Tori. What a sight, the six of us dancing in Dee's kitchen where there wasn't much space, but a huge bundle of laughter and fun. This was the first time I've been away from my kids for Thanksgiving, that was odd and I missed them, but dancing in the kitchen was fun. Someday when Nikki & Tori are professional tennis players, I'll watch them on TV and say I danced with them in the kitchen on Thanksgiving. I should have taken pictures, but didn't have the camera out until everyone was leaving. I didn't do a very good job being the photographer that day.

Terry played Petanque one afternoon with a group of Canadians. We went along to be the spectators and cheer him on. He was quite good at the game and Friday the four of us played. It was the guys against the girls. We managed to beat the guys 2 out of 3 games. Later in the evening we met at the club house to play Hearts. The girls won again.

I will miss all of this when we go home, but I will be so happy to see my kids and grandkids again.



No comments:

Post a Comment